Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tournament Report: Orange Coast 3 Weapon Open

I just got back from the tournament, after getting knocked out in the round of 32. Despite that, I'm actually feeling pretty good about it. I fenced well in pools, going 4-2, a pretty decent improvement over last time. Then in direct elimination, I pulled a guy I'd fenced in pools in the round of 64, and beat him pretty handily. Then I pulled my coach in the round of 32. Tedd and I had a pretty decent bout, 15-9, and he went on to take second. So while I found myself out earlier than I planned, I feel like I fenced well, better than I did at the last tournament. So, out of 54 fencers, I took 21st overall, which isn't a bad day at all. And then I got to go home and have a 'funky monkey' from a local coffee shop to ease the heat. Good day!

No comments: