Saturday, July 19, 2008

Patch Jacket

Well, for this week's project, I went with something I've been putting off for a long time. I'm bringing back my patch jacket. Well, my patch piece of clothing, because before it was just a crappy school sweater onto which I stitched an inordinate number of funky patches.


Around my sophomore year of college, I had to give up this wonderful garment because it was falling apart, and people looked at me funny when I wore it. So I put away all the patches, and eventually found a nice jean jacket that would serve as a suitable host. And then I slowly started putting it together, and by put it together, I mean I asked Emily to do it for me. Thanks Emily!

So, I finally got around to putt together the rest of this thing. Here are all the patches that I had left:


And a few nights of drinking beer, sewing, and watching television later, my patch jacket is reborn!



So, naturally I decided to do this in the middle of summer. In San Diego. When it's really hot and there's no good time to wear it. But come, say, September, I'll be sporting this thing full time. Until I decide that being a social pariah, and/or 'that guy with the jacket' is no longer an acceptable situation for me.

No comments: