Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Costume: The Finale

Halloween has come and past, and I managed to wear the costume a couple times (and also slept in it, but that's a separate matter). I also managed to get the sonic screwdriver working, after I figured out that I couldn't actually make the sound thing work (it turns out that capacitors don't work as I'd thought), and I also couldn't use AAA batteries, so I had to make use of some smaller batteries I had in a flashlight. But it worked! I used a cigar tube for the main body, glued on a washer on top, a quartz crystal on top of that, and put a blue high-powered LED inside, with a push switch on the bottom. I also put on some paint black strips of balsa wood to break up the silver tube, and give it a little grip.

This is the whole get up:

And this is the embarrassing video I promised:

5 comments:

Florence said...

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE BIGGEST DORK I KNOW.

Ed said...

Well, I'm glad to hear it's official. Is there an award of some kind? A perpetual trophy, perhaps?

Florence said...

it's more of a facepalm.

W. E. B. Du Blag said...

Love it.

W. E. B. Du Blag said...

Love it