Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Costume: The beginning

Halloween is just around the corner, and I've been looking forward to putting together a costume for a little while now. I actually had to make myself hold off on working on it until October. So for this Halloween, I decided to be the Doctor. From Doctor Who. It's a British sci-fi show, look, it's not important. So come October, I started hitting up thrift stores for a trench coat and a suit, and also got a pair of converse knock-offs, which make up most of the costume. The final item is a sonic screwdriver, which, for my purposes, is a cylindrical object that lights up and makes a ululating sound when it's switched on.

So I bought some LEDs, capacitors, a buzzer and a breadboard, and started to put it together based on a rough idea of how it should work. It turns out that the ululating buzzer is going to take some more work, but I was able to get the LEDs working. Which is actually not very impressive, but hey, it's a start.

1 comment:

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.